Last Updated on
Ten Tips For Holiday Home Owners Or Guests Affected By Flooding
- Gather essential items together either upstairs or in a high place.
- Fill containers such as kettles and saucepans with clean water.
- Move your family and pets upstairs, or to a high place with a means of escape.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water supplies when flood water is about to enter your holiday home if safe to do so.
- DO NOT touch sources of electricity when standing in floodwater.
- If possible keep listening to local radio for updates or call Floodline on 0845 988 1188
- Flood water can rise quickly, stay calm and reassure those around you. Call 999 if you are in danger.
- Avoid walking or driving through flood water.
- Keep children and vulnerable people away from floodwater.
- Wash yourself thoroughly if you touch floodwater.
Report any flood damage to your holiday home insurance broker or insurer as soon as you are able. Claims line numbers can be found in your Policy Document or by phoning your trusted holiday home insurance adviser.
Follow this link for posts similar to `Ten Tips For Holiday Home Owners Or Guests Affected By Flooding’ and other useful resources for holiday home owners
For further information on UK holiday home insurance visit the website page most relevant to you:
- Click here if you require holiday let insurance for your annexe
- Cick here if you own a single furnished holiday letting home, cottage or apartment
- Click here if you own a listed holiday home or cottage complex
- Click here if you own a holiday cottage complex
Thank you for reading Ten Tips For Holiday Home Owners Or Guests Affected By Flooding.