Holiday Home Insurance FAQs

Our policy is underwritten by Ecclesiastical Insurance Office Plc, Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester GL3 4AW

Buildings – means the buildings of the premises including landlord’s fixtures and fittings at the addresses shown in the schedule. This includes the following:

  • the total rebuilding costs of the holiday home property (not the market value)
  • domestic garages and outbuildings, statues, fountains and hot tubs permanently fixed into the ground, swimming pools, tennis courts, paths, drives, terraces, patios, walls, fences, hedges and gates, fixed aerials, satellite dishes, wind turbines, solar panels, yards, car parks, roads and storage tanks all on the same site.

When setting your sum insured the cost of reinstating the above should be included as well as:

  • fees which might be incurred e.g. architects and surveyors fees, legal charges and the cost of meeting E.C. legislation and public authority requirements
  • Expenses for removing debris

In the event of a claim the basis of settlement for buildings will be the cost of reinstatement, repair or replacement as new.

Rebuilding cost guidance provided by BCIS is available here…

Contents – means all household goods furniture and furnishing fixtures and fittings contained in the buildings of the premises which you own or for which you are responsible excluding guests’ and your personal belongings. All of which should be allowed for in setting your holiday home contents sum insured:

  • The full replacement as new of all household goods and furniture and furnishings therein which you own or for which you are responsible excluding guest’s effects.
  • Expenses in removing debris

Cover excludes jewellery, articles of precious metals, watches, furs, stamp collections, photographic equipment and personal computers.

There is a limit in respect of books, works of art, television, audio/video equipment, a £1500 single article limit and a maximum of £5000 any one property applies. Increased limits available at an additional charge.

Yes, providing the holiday property is available for short term commercial holiday lets at other times of the year.

Yes, providing there is an assured tenancy agreement in place and the holiday property reverts to holiday letting at other times of the year.

Yes – providing there is an agreement in place and the holiday property reverts to holiday letting at other times of the year.

Unfortunately cover is not available for thatched properties at this time.

Liability cover would be limited to the boundaries of your property and would not extend to the common parts.

Yes – Providing that any adjoining door between the accommodations is kept locked. We would also look to provide insurance for your main residence under a separate home insurance policy in these circumstances.

In the event of the property being unavailable for commercial letting following an insurable claim, loss of rental income is automatically covered for up to 2 years to a total sum insured of £75,000. Higher limits are available at an additional premium.

Yes, this is automatically included.

Yes, this is automatically included.

Unless additional terms are applied, £100 excess applies to each and every property damage claim, which is increased to £500 for burst pipes, escape of water and oil; and £1000 in the event of a subsidence claim.

Yes the policy automatically covers £10m public and products liability.

Yes the policy automatically includes employer’s liability cover for £10m. A certificate is issued with every policy.

It is a condition that whenever the premises are left unoccupied you will arrange that the premises are inspected at least every 14 days by you or an authorised person responsible to you.

Whilst the holiday home is untenanted during the months of October to March inclusive, you will arrange that either (a) the heating system is brought into constant operation and a minimum room temperature of not less than 7  degrees Celsius (45 degrees Fahrenheit) maintained throughout the property or (b) the water is turned off at the stopcock inside the premises and the domestic water system drained and other services such as electricity and gas are disconnected (other than as necessary to maintain the central heating or security system). There is also a requirement that any water tank and pipework in your loft is lagged.

During business hours, please telephone our dedicated claims staff at Boshers on 01237 427992 or alternatively call the Ecclesiastical claims helpline to report your claim on 0345 603 8381. Out of hours, to report a new claim other than legal expenses claim, please call 0345 603 8381 quoting your Holiday Home Insurance policy number, insurer and state that Boshers Ltd are your broker.

When calling any of the emergency helpline services please quote your policy number which can be found in the policy schedule

Emergency glass replacement – Solaglass 0800 474747 – provides a rapid boarding up or replacement service for broken windows.

The following are provided by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Ltd (DAS)

EuroLaw commercial legal advice 0345 268 9124 Legal advice on commercial legal problems affecting your holiday let business.

Tax Advice (commercial) 0345 268 9124 Advice on any tax matter affecting your holiday let business under the law of the United Kingdom.

Counselling 0345 266 9667 confidential counselling service for employees of your holiday let business (including any member of their immediate family who permanently live with them).

The following are provided by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited (DAS):

Employment Manual – All the sections of this web-based document can be printed off for your own use.

DAS businesslaw – a free online reference full of the sorts of letters, articles and forms that will help you run your holiday let business successfully.

Details of how to access this information is on page 6 of the Holiday Home Insurance policy document.

Call us for a quote today on

01237 429 444

Request a call and a member of our team will be in touch

Call us today for Holiday Home Insurance quotes and advice

01237 429 444

Our qualified advisers are ready to ensure you get the right cover and peace of mind for you and your guests