Listed Holiday Home Insurance

Whether your heritage self-catering holiday let or holiday cottage letting complex is a Grade 1 or 2 Listed Building in England or Wales or a Grade A or B Listed Property in Scotland our listed holiday home insurance may meet your needs. In this post entitled Scared Of Listed Holiday Homes? – Not Us! – Listed Holiday Home Insurance we explore how we can help you with your listed holiday home insurance requirements. Subject to standard underwriting factors including post code area and property construction being acceptable we will endeavour to help.

Holiday Home Insurance for Listed Properties

Our Holiday Home Insurance policy includes extra cover. This additional cover includes an extension to meet the local authority conditions made under the Planning ( Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 and amending legislation (or equivalent legislation in Scotland and Northern Ireland) following damage by any of the insurable events should these costs exceed the cover provided within the buildings  sum insured. Subject to a maximum payment under this extension of 20% of the sum insured. Costs are also included towards archaeological and rescue work that may be necessary following property damage.

Listed Holiday Home

Our holiday home insurance scheme is underwritten by Ecclesiastical who were the first UK insurer to offer bespoke heritage and listed building insurance and now insure more grade 1 listed buildings than any other insurance company. The benefit to you is that you can rest assured that in the event of an insured peril affecting your listed holiday home, together with Ecclesiastical we will have the expertise to understand your specific requirements as a listed buildings owner in the event of an insurance claim.

Treat yourself to an insurance quote for your listed holiday home!

You may find the following holiday home insurance articles of interest:


Is your cottage in the country becoming a financial burden? Here at Boshers it has recently become apparent from a steady stream of holiday home insurance enquiries, that second home owners who use their country and coastal cottages for family and friends use only and often infrequently, are feeling the squeeze of the recent “credit crunch”.

The flipside to this is that thousands of second home owners have for many years been letting their country cottage or seaside home to others for short term family holidays, whilst still reserving a few key weeks for their own use have been managing well and in some cases making a healthy profit. This has proven to be a superb way of subsidising their holiday home investment or keeping inherited property in the family. As self-catering holidays in the UK continue to flourish, despite our sometimes less than perfect weather, supply in popular areas often does not meet demand during holiday periods.

So if you own a second home in an area popular for tourism why not consider letting your second home as a holiday home for short term family holidays. You will of course have to consider, decor, furnishings, legislation, the marketing of your property as well as having the correct holiday home insurance in place including liability cover for guests and employees. More about these areas later …