Insurance for Holiday Cottage Complex

Specialist Insurance for Holiday Cottage Complex Owners


Last Updated on November 5, 2019 by admin

Insurance for Holiday Cottage ComplexAs a holiday cottage complex owner does the sound of teaming up with an intermediary specialising in insurance for holiday cottage complexes sound appealing? With more than 25 years experience of insuring properties just like yours, we’re here to help you.

What do we mean when we use the words ‘specialist insurance’? We devote our time to advising on insurance for holiday cottage complex owners and individual holiday homes across the country. We speak to owners each and every day; we understand what they want and what they need from their insurance provider, and from their insurance policy.

We believe our insurance helps and supports you when you need it the most; here are just a few examples of how our holiday complex insurance will do that for you…

Insurance for Holiday Cottage Complex Owners that includes £10m Public and Products Liability Cover

It stands to reason that the more cottages you own, the more visitors you’re likely to have during the year, and in particularly during those busy summer months.

It’s therefore vital that you have a sufficient amount of Public Liability cover.

Public liability insurance covers the legal liability of the policyholder for accidental bodily injury to third parties or damage to their property.

If for example, a visitor to one of your cottages sustained a serious injury as the result of an accident whilst staying with you, our insurance policy would cover you up to the sum of £10,000,000 in any single incident.

£10m Employers Liability Cover

Most holiday home complexes will employ people to work inside or outside of their properties, for example in the form of gardeners, maintenance and housekeeping staff for those all important changeovers.

If you do, it is a legal requirement for you to have Employers Liability insurance and this will cover you against injury or illness sustained in the course of their employment.

Remember, even if you are directing the work of self-employed contractors or employing friends to work on your complex during busier periods, you’ll still need this cover.

Accidental Damage

Sometimes accidents happen.  As we’ve already said, you’ll have a large number of guests staying with you each year, which can in turn make a mishap all the more likely.

Should a guest spill red wine on that wonderful new carpet you’ve laid, or cause damage to any of your properties as the result of an accident, Boshers will be able to cover you for the damage subject to the policy excess.

Theft or attempted theft, even when your cottage is occupied

A holiday is a time when most of us will let our guard down, and also spend a lot of time exploring, rather than inside a holiday home.  For this reason, holiday cottages can become targets for thieves, and despite the larger numbers of visitors on site at a holiday complex at any given time they are not immune to this.

We’re able to offer theft cover to complex owners, even when your cottages are occupied by paying guests.

Home Insurance too!

Want to have all of your insurances in one place? That’s not a problem; we’re also able to offer our complex owners the same high level of service and experience for their home insurance too.

Tailored and experienced

When you take out insurance with Boshers we’ll tailor the sums insured to make sure you have the right policy for your needs.  We’ll also talk you through all of the areas of cover we offer, along with why and when you may need them. We also understand that your cottage complex may have additional facilities such as hot tubs, swimming pool, a games room or pets corner to name but a few.

Additional guidance on insurance for holiday cottage complexes and quotes are available from the Boshers Holiday Home Insurance Team on 01237 429444.

For further information on UK holiday home insurance visit the website page most relevant to you:

2 replies
  1. Rosamund Griffin
    Rosamund Griffin says:

    We have a one bedroom holiday cottage attached to our house, which we converted from a barn. There is a door into our property which is permanently locked. They have their own entrance door. Our insurance in the past has been part of the house insurance adding the holiday cottage.
    Do you do quotes for this sort of thing?

    • Mark Lavington
      Mark Lavington says:

      Dear Rosamund, many thanks for your enquiry. We can normally accommodate the circumstances that you have described so long as other aspects of the risk are acceptable to our underwriters. In these circumstances we would look to place the insurance for both your main residence and the holiday cottage in order to be certain that there are no gaps in cover. Give our team a call on 01237 429444 to discuss your individual requirements or complete the enquiry form and we’ll call you. Best regards Boshers Insurance Team


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.