Last Updated on April 6, 2022 by admin
Security precautions when installing Key Safes at your holiday home. You, your holiday home, your holiday home insurance and key safes Firstly check with your holiday home insurance broker that the use of Key Safes is acceptable. There may be specific warranties that you will need to adhere to in order not to invalidate your holiday home insurance cover.
The use of a good quality Key Safe to help manage access to your property by guests on arrival is by far the best alternative to leaving a key under the doormat or a nearby flower pot! By taking a few sensible precautions, the use of a Key Safe at your holiday home will enhance your guests holiday experience and make life easier for you and your holiday letting agent.
Guidance for holiday home owners on the use of key safes
- Purchase the best quality Key Safe that your budget allows, preferably with a 5 – 7 digit code
- Where possible locate your Key Safe out of sight
- During installation of your Key Safe ensure that it is bolted firmly into brick or stone, avoiding soft mortar
- Arrange with your housekeeper to leave a door key in the Key Safe no more than 24 hours before the guests are due to arrive
- Encourage your guests not to leave Keys in the Key Safe during their stay
- Have your housekeeper remove the keys from the Key Safe within 24 hours of the guests departure, unless new guests are arriving
- Ask your housekeeper to change the 5 -7 digit code between lets, to a new code which you or your agent can inform your next guests of
- Do not allow keys to be left permanently in a Key Safe during periods of unoccupancy
For further information on UK holiday home insurance visit the website page most relevant to you: